CNN notifications and emails
You may receive CNN newsletter emails at your account email address. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from these newsletters in Settings. Here's how:
- Log into your account at CNN.com, then choose My Account, then Settings.
- In the Newsletters section, you can subscribe or unsubscribe:
- Subscribe: Choose Browse all newsletters. When you browse there's a description of each newsletter along with the frequency (weekly or daily). Choose Subscribe for the newsletters you're interested in.
- Unsubscribe: Choose Unsubscribe below a newsletter.
You can choose to get notifications for CNN news stories on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Which device are you using?
You can turn notifications on or off for different topics, like Breaking News, Climate Crisis, or US Politics. Here's how:
- In the CNN app, tap the Settings icon (lower right), and then tap Alerts.
To change your CNN app notification settings on your device (e.g. sound or vibration), do this:
- Android: In the CNN app, tap the Settings icon and then choose Android Notification Settings.
- iOS: Open the Settings app, tap Notifications and then tap CNN. Here you can customize your CNN app notifications.
You can choose to get real-time CNN news alerts on your computer. Here's how:
Turn on notifications
- Log in to your account at CNN.com.
- When you're asked if you want to subscribe to CNN notifications, choose to subscribe and then choose Allow.
Turn off notifications
If you no longer want to get notifications:
- When a CNN notification appears, choose Turn off.
- Change your browser notification setting for CNN.com. To find out how to do this, search the Internet for 'turn off browser notifications' + the name of your browser (e.g. turn off browser notifications Chrome).