Error when streaming CNN
If you’re getting an error, here are some things to try:
- Phone, tablet or TV device: Force close CNN, then reopen the CNN app and try to stream.
- Computer: Close and reopen your browser, then go back to CNN.com and try to stream.
Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV: Make sure you have the latest version of CNN. To do this, open the app store on your device and search for 'CNN.' If there's an app update available, download the update.
Roku: Make sure you have the latest version of CNN. To do this, press the Home button on your Roku remote, then navigate to the CNN app. Press the star (*) button on your remote, and then Check for updates. If there’s an app update available, download the update.
Computer: At CNN.com do a hard refresh for the page (this is not the same as the Reload button in your browser). To find out how to do this, search the Internet for 'hard refresh' + the name of your browser (e.g. 'hard refresh Chrome').
Try streaming CNN on another supported device. This will help determine if the problem is limited to a specific device.
Computer: Try using another supported browser.
Try the CNN troubleshooting steps for your device.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about 1 minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
- Open CNN and try streaming again.
If these things don't help, take note of the on-screen error message and include it when you contact us.