Stream on your TV with an HDMI cable
You can connect a supported device (computer, phone, or tablet) to your TV using an HDMI cable and watch CNN on a big screen.
What you need
Here's what you need to stream on your TV using an HDMI cable:
- An HDMI cable and possibly an adapter if connecting a phone or tablet
- An HDTV with an HDMI input
- A phone, tablet, or computer with HDMI out capability
Connect an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Use an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV, or an Apple USB-C Digital AV Adapter to connect your Mac or iPad Pro with a USB-C port to your TV. To connect wirelessly, use use AirPlay.
To stream on your TV
- Connect your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Open CNN on your phone, tablet, or computer and start watching something. Audio and video should play on your TV.
If audio and video from your device doesn't play on your TV, try the following:
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your device and TV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure it's securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS or Android on your phone or tablet.